Friday, October 22, 2004

JC Penny Rip Off Artists!

I once vowed I would never set foot in a JC Penny's ever again. Deceptive sales tactics and poor service seem to be a fundamental element of that darn store. But now more ammunition has been given courtesy of a collection agency that claims my Wife never paid a $22 purchase back in Febuary that has grown into a $105 debt.
My wife is adamant that the bill was paid but have you ever tried tracking down a purchase when an account has been turned over to a collections agency?
The most frustrating aspect is you can never talk to a person who knows what to do or give relevant info. No one has an answer. No one can tell you anything about the bill, they all refer you to another phone number where the buck keeps getting passed!
JC Penny never sent a bill since Febuary, never told us that we had to pay or it would be turned over and has the nerve to charge exorbitant fees and late charges to the account. This isn't over yet, I think I'll tell everyone I know what a junk store that it is! My own personal boycott (again)! Weee.

4 Comments:

Blogger Wethyb said...

You know, I was never much of a JC Penny shopper myself, nor have I ever had any "problems" with creditors on their behalf, but this definately gives me some incentive to NOT become a Penny's shopper. What a disappointment that is!

October 25, 2004 at 10:11 AM  
Anonymous jerri said...

I was searching for a J.C. Penny's location to shop when I spotted your comment of discontent. As a result I have changed my mind and will be searching for other locations to purchase my Christmas gifts. This would have been my first time usint their credit but I really don't need the experience you had so, I won't be shopping there. Thank you

December 3, 2005 at 8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been a penny shopper for 30 years. I have never been disappointed in my merchandise or my credit statements and have always been treated very nice.Also
I look forward to the free 10.00 certifacates they send me.

March 1, 2006 at 5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am hearing some complaints from past J C PENNY employees that say if they want to fire you they accuse you of being gay and terminate you but won't say what the real reason is for your termination.
I have to wonder if J C Penny has ever had any sexual harassment policies if this is really what happened.

April 28, 2006 at 6:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home